Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Finger Lickin' Good


          Chad had a concert at the beginning of this week with Voces Nove.  This was his last concert as the season comes to a close.  We are thrilled that he will be home more in the evenings, but we're going to have to find other occasions to wear the tux!

          In an effort to deepen our connection (hardy har har) to one another, I decided to search for a new job like Chad.   Ha!  Seriously, though, I did apply for a Literacy Coach position for next school year.  After the interview, I just knew that I didn't get it.  It wasn't one of those feelings like "I'm sure I won't get it", but then you actually do.  No, this was one of those times when I was slightly embarrassed as I was leaving the interview.  I could just tell by the body language of the five people who were interviewing me that I was not what they were looking for at this time.  While I am disappointed, I will not be deterred.  When this opportunity arises again, I will try again.
          Chad continues his job hunt as well.  He spends much of his days on the networking site Linked-In.  He has also been introduced to a few people and has networked with others at Churchill Downs a bit this week.  Hmmm...being unemployed means you get to go the track?!?!?

          Later on in the week, RLT spent a day with Aunt Julie and Curly Girl.  They spent the day walking to the park near their house and playing together.  All I know is they must have played hard because our sweet little girl was zonked when she got home that afternoon!

          At the end of the week, Grammy and Grandpa came in town to continue the house hunt.  It was a quick weekend, but so nice!


          And finally, I have failed to blog about Buga's new adventures with food up until this point.  For the past three or four weeks, we have been introducing fruits and vegetables to our little girl.  While she doesn't get real excited about anything quite yet, she will take a few bites of most things.  This is true for both bananas and warmed carrots.  She has been repulsed by only two foods so far, apples and squash.  And when I say repulsed, I mean the girl gagged and even shivered with disgust.  We aren't giving up on apples just yet though.  She's more receptive when they're mixed with the bananas.  So, we're going with that!


I want to hold the spoon!

Finger Lickin' Good(My Kentucky Girl!)





Snapshots

The only thing better than my Johnny Jump Up...

...is my Johnny Jump Up in front of a mirror!










No comments:

Post a Comment