Saturday, December 22, 2012

Baby Dedication



...and boy has it been an exhausting week!  RLT had her Baby Dedication at Beargrass Christian Church on Sunday.  It was such a meaningful moment when Chad and I pledged our parental support and publicly named her.  The congregation, in turn, vowed to love and care for her.  It was so special!

Rev. Leigh Bond




What a fine group of ladies!

        After the dedication, Chad and I got some stressful news.  I called our in-home child care provider to ask what her daily schedule was.  I want to begin working with RLT after the holidays to prepare for the time in February when I go back to work.  Well, it turns out that RLT's spot was given to another baby.  I was stunned!  I reminded the lady about our discussion in September when she told me that she would happily take care of our little girl.  She didn't quite respond and just said that she would not be able to take RLT anymore.  Chad is right, though.  Maybe we really don't want her taking care of RLT if she is that flighty and doesn't honor her commitments
        So, that day I cried.  The next day, I was just mad!  Are you kidding me?!?!?  We now have six weeks to try to find daycare.  That's crazy!  I have called several places and have been put on a wait list for next fall!  Yup, next fall!  Now we're just focusing on finding someone who can take RLT through the end of the school year.  So if you have any leads, please, PLEASE let us know!

         On a contrasting note, RLT continued to surprise us this week as she began making the occasional sweet sound with her voice.  She only does it a couple of times a day, but those moments are so wonderful!  She's definitely beginning to show her curious side as she turns her head from side to side to follow her daddy's voice and my voice.  She has also started pushing with her legs.  She loves pushing her body up and locking her legs in place as if she is standing on your lap.  She's so sweet.  We love her so much!





Laura, Terrianne, and I grew up together at church.  All of our kids are doing the same!









No comments:

Post a Comment