Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 29 - Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me?



So I've tried really hard not to complain too much on here about pregnancy woes.  I mean, I realize that every human on the planet came from a pregnant woman who probably felt, in some form or another, what I am feeling now.  I just have to say, "This is not as romantic as most you made it out to be!"

My right thigh has felt asleep and/or on fire for a few weeks now.
The feet are starting to swell regularly at the end of the day.
Nightly calf cramps scare Chad to death.
Tums are becoming my best friend.

The list could go on, but I have a feeling that I might curse myself for the remaining 11 weeks! ha!

Don't get me wrong, these are small prices to pay for the sweet piece of preciousness that bumbles around in my belly every few hours.  I am so thankful for those moments.  In fact, they make it all worth it! Not to mention, I think it's so amazing to watch Chad talk to her through my tummy as well.  The love is awesome!

So, to those of you who think pregnancy is so wonderful - yes, it is wonderful!  But next time someone asks, do them a favor.  Don't leave out the part that lets a prospective mother know that it has it's fair share of aches and pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment