Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 30


As space for our little girl becomes limited, her movements have begun to change.  Instead of a pointed kick, I'm feeling her actually move her arms and legs from one position to another.  It's almost like a rubbing feeling instead of a jab.  It's pretty cool!  The other night, it was like she was doing some sort of slow motion dance for about 20 minutes.  Chad and I just laid and enjoyed the show!

As far as life goes, we are in the midst of a "new-to-us" car purchase - much to my chagrin and Chad's delight.  For years now, my Jetta has faithfully transported me from point A to point B without much hassle.  It even gives me a light show (see Figure 1 below) until I get my oil changed and the nice guys turn it off every 3,000-4,000 miles!  (The mechanics have checked it out several times and always tell me that there's really not an engine problem, just something wrong with the light in the dash board.)  So my Jetta and I have trudged on.
Figure 1


Within the past month, the light show has evolved.  Not only have more lights joined the party, but there is now a rhythmic ding that plays randomly (see Figure 2 below).  The first time this occurred was a week or so ago on the highway as we traveled to Indy to visit family and celebrate my Grandma Honey Dearie's birthday.  The new light and music show did not last long, only 20 seconds.  So we moved forward.  It has happened several times since then, but absolutely no doors/trunks/hoods are open!  I promise we have checked!
Figure 2

Finally, during the recent storms, my trusty Jetta has decided to welcome in the rain from the seams around the hood, through the engine compartment, and finally in behind the glove box.  Chad got in a couple of days ago and water squeezed up from the carpet around his feet.

So, I have officially thrown in the towel.  Chad wins!  Let the car shopping commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment