Sunday, February 3, 2013

Who Cried More, Mommy or Baby?




          This week started with a wonderful dinner at Daniel and Catherine's.  They had their little girl nine days after RLT.  It was so nice to be able to spend the evening eating delicious food and sharing stories of the past three months.  Not to mention, our daughters were able to spend some time playing, I mean just laying next to each other!

          Later that week, RLT went to daycare for the first time.  While I don't have to go back to work for one more week, I did go to an important meeting with some of my colleagues.  
          Who cried more?  Definitely mommy!  The morning started as usual with breakfast and then a some playing.  We even snapped a nice picture to document what a great day we were having!
          Then came the waterworks!  I don't know how Chad did it two weeks after RLT was born.  Being a good daddy, he spared me from having to actually take our precious little girl to church where she would spend the day.  He's such a wonderful husband!  (Later he admitted that leaving her there was harder than he anticipated.)  I gave her a million kisses and out the door they went.  It felt so different than just having someone babysit like our parents or Aunt Laura.  This was actual daycare!!!  
          Needless to say, I cried all the way to my meeting, thought of nothing but our sweet baby during it, and drove as fast as I could afterward to pick her up.  I thought for sure when I walked into church that I would hear her crying.  Nope.  Instead, it was me!  I couldn't help it.  I was just so happy to see her!  With that, I thought for sure when she saw me she would feel the same and smile with delight like she always does.  Nope!  As mom says, "Babies are fickle."  Boy she's right!
          While mommy and daddy were both worried about her during the day, RLT apparently had a great one.  According to some people at church, RLT was quite delightful!  She showed off her smile, took a good nap, and drank her bottle just like she had been practicing.  What a relief!  

          With that day behind us, the rest of the week was spent playing at home.  It was so cool to see her grab something purposefully for the first time and begin singing with us!

Get the Ball


And, of course, this is what happened shortly after...

Our Little Songbird



          During our trip to visit April, Shawn Thomas, and MCS in Richmond we used a changing table that had a mirror.  RLT had such a blast that we had to put one up next to her changing pad too!  She loves it!  The best is when she finds me in the mirror and then looks at me in person.  She has a look that's a cross between being completely confused and ecstatic that there are two mommies!  It's great!



          Chad and I also decided to start weening RLT from her swaddle.  We have listened to many different theories and parents regarding the best time to do this and have decided that now is the time for us.  We feel more comfortable with the idea that her arms and hands will be free once she starts rolling over.    So, with one arm out, the weening has begun!



This is the happy face that we come up to after nap time-everytime!

 Snapshots





RLT loves bath time!

No comments:

Post a Comment