Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Just the Girls (and a mouse)


          This week was a Girls' Week!  Chad co-directed CYF Camp at Wa Kon' Da-Ho so RLT and I spent the week as a duo.  We played with toys, swung in the backyard, and spent a couple of days up in Indy with Grandma Honey Dearie and Gi-Gi.

How many days until Daddy comes home?
          It was a pretty low key week until I turned off the light one night to enjoy a little slumber.  I was almost off to dream land when I heard one of our cats moaning as if she was bringing me a toy to play with.  This moan, though, sounded distressed so my initial thought was that she was dying.  I know that seems a bit drastic, but you have to understand that this particular kitty, Little Foot, is older and not exactly healthy.  We have referred to her as Poor Little Foot for some time now.  So it wouldn't come as a great shock if, in fact, she did pass away.  But I digress.  I turned on the light to see what was going on, and that's when Fievel fell out of Little Foot's mouth and scurried under the bed.  Yes folks, a real live mouse under my bed!
          With Chad at camp, I felt it only right to call and let him know how thrilled I was that he was there and not at home.  It was 11:30 pm.  Thank goodness storms were approaching Camp Wa Kon' Da-Ho because he was still up watching the radar.  I let him know how thrilled I was that he was not at home.  He suggested that I get a broom and sweep the teeny tiny mouse out from under the bed.  I, sitting on the center-most part of the bed, let him know that he was out of his mind!  This giant mouse had little paws that might scamper across me and completely freak me out!  Not to mention, it would be his fault if the baby were to wake up because I had to scream!
          As my nerves began to simmer, I decided to just leave it up to the cats.  I quickly ran out of the room, jammed a towel under the door, and hoped the kitties would take care of it as I tried to sleep on the couch.
          The next morning, we were heading up to Indy to visit Gi-Gi so I asked Gary to come over and set a trap.  Thanks Gary!  Unfortunately, though, the trap was empty when RLT and I got home the next day.  The cats were no longer interested so I can only assume that the mouse slipped through a vent or floor board and is back outside.  Yes, I'm certain that it's no longer inside.  There is absolutely no way that the mouse is still under the bed.  Surely!

          On Saturday, Chad came home from what he called a great week camp.  Thank goodness!  Bugga and I were so glad to see him!

Snapshots
I can wave now!


Daddy just pulled in the driveway!




No comments:

Post a Comment